Problem on Kde Neon

mippo
Administrator
Hello,
have been waiting for this new (really great) release,
but the Appimage seems doesn't work for me,
when starting it moves the file under "application" folder, but nothing else happen,
simply the application doesn't start.

maybe there is a different way to install it ?

many thanks
mippo
Kde Neon (happy) user

Re: Problem on Kde Neon

mippo
Administrator
Hello, updating:

Trying to install using: "apt-get install digikam", as indicated in the DK download page:
"https://www.digikam.org/download/binary/",
I get a new 6.4.0 installation.

Trying to use the "flatpack" way, it works, install the 7.0.0 release, but then isn't able to connect to Mysql (Mariadb) on server.
I get a "Driver not loaded Driver not loaded" error, like this: "https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/digikam/+bug/1270389"

(boh ...!)
mippo

Re: Problem on Kde Neon

mippo
Hello, a further update:

Installed DK 7.0.0. using "Snapcraft"
very quick installation, the app works and it's very fast,
but :

- this new installation was not able to recover the previous customizations, like e.g. the background;
- it uses the Sqlite only as database setting, are missing the Mysql options;
- now I have 4 DK entries in the app launcher, 3 for the rel. 6.4.0 and one for 7.0.0, with the same icons

A question:
is this new 7.0.0 able to recognize the previous customization and use it, especially regarding Databases location?
Mariadb on server Nas, in my case.

regards
mippo