face engine

Matthias Erich Popp
Hallo,

Where can I find the source for the face engine?
It is more than suboptimal if for each existing user on the computer a copy of
the face engine is loaded and stored in the home directory of the user.

excerpt from News

FaceManagement: Remove face engine data files from sources and bundles and add
a file downloader.

with best regards from Dortmund Matthias

Re: face engine

Gilles Caulier-4
The face engine source code is here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/core/libs/facesengine

Face management :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/core/utilities/facemanagement

Dialog to download data model files :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/tree/master/core/utilities/setup/downloader

Best

Gilles Caulier

Le dim. 28 mars 2021 à 16:35, Matthias Erich Popp <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hallo,
>
> Where can I find the source for the face engine?
> It is more than suboptimal if for each existing user on the computer a copy of
> the face engine is loaded and stored in the home directory of the user.
>
> excerpt from News
>
> FaceManagement: Remove face engine data files from sources and bundles and add
> a file downloader.
>
> with best regards from Dortmund Matthias

Re: face engine

Maik Qualmann
You can get a copy of the folder from:

~/.local/share/digikam/facesengine

Copy to here as root:

/usr/share/digikam/

It is clear that we can only use a download in the user area. We don't want to
request root rights.

Maik