face detection - how to make digiKam to forget scanned photos

face detection - how to make digiKam to forget scanned photos

lopcio
Hello,

firstly I would like to thank you very much for development such a good software in open source.

I use digiKam 7.0.0 from 2020-07-16 on Windows 10.

Could you please help me with the problem below?

1. I scanned all my photos for faces. Due to the fact that the program crashes a few times during the scan (maybe because my gallery is big - about 50 000 photos), I used the option "skip images already scanned" and after a few attempts I finally scanned all photos, because the program on each attempt skipped already scanned photos before each crash

2. Now I want to scan my gallery again, but with different sensitivity. But:
a) I can't use the option "scan again and merge results", because then the program crashes and I can't do it in a few steps like in point 1 above
b) When I use option "skip images already scanned", the program skips all photos

Is it possible to make digiKam to forget which photos have been scanned to be able to use again option "skip images already scanned"? If so, how can I achieve it?

Best regards
Michal