[digiKam-users] v7 question on HTML gallery

[digiKam-users] v7 question on HTML gallery

digikam2021

I have been using v6 for some years now and CentOS8 just broke it with an OS
upgrade....

So I have installed flatpak digikam v7.2 and it seems to work except that I can
not find the path for putting my custom html gallery template.

I have modified the HTML Elegant template to make it to my own likes and it has
worked fine with v6. But after upgrading to v7 it seem the location where I need
to put it has changed and I have not been able to find where that new location
is...

Could someone point it out to me ?

thanks

Matt

Re: v7 question on HTML gallery

Gilles Caulier-4
Hi,

The Html gallery theme how-to is located here :

As you can see nothing as change to locate customized theme in your home directory.

Probably Flatpak containers do not allow access to this user data without to open the door. Flatpak lock access for security reasons...

Solution 1 : ask to FlatPak team how to change this security behavior

Solution 2 : use the AppImage bundle instead that we provide, which do not have this kind of security rules

Best

Gilles Caulier

Le jeu. 17 juin 2021 à 22:25, <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I have been using v6 for some years now and CentOS8 just broke it with an OS
upgrade....

So I have installed flatpak digikam v7.2 and it seems to work except that I can
not find the path for putting my custom html gallery template.

I have modified the HTML Elegant template to make it to my own likes and it has
worked fine with v6. But after upgrading to v7 it seem the location where I need
to put it has changed and I have not been able to find where that new location
is...

Could someone point it out to me ?

thanks

Matt

Re: v7 question on HTML gallery

digikam2021

thanks for the reply.

I have tried the appimage but on CentOS8 it fails to run, which is why I was
using the flatpak.

$ ./digiKam-7.2.0-x86-64.appimage
-- digiKam Linux AppImage Bundle
-- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options for digiKam application.
-- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your desktop, use AppImageLauncher.
--        to enable all debug messages on the console, use 'export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'.
libudev.so.0
libxcb-dri3.so.0
-- Preloading shared libs: :/usr/lib64/libxcb-dri3.so.0
digikam: /tmp/.mount_digiKayJWyGC/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.30: version `GNUTLS_3_6_9' not found (required by /lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0)

Matt