[digiKam-users] face recoginition, handling for unconfirmed or not recoginzed

[digiKam-users] face recoginition, handling for unconfirmed or not recoginzed

Gerhard
Hi,

DK  offers potentially recogized faces, to confirm a name suggested.
Sometimes this is wrong. Is it better (in terms of improove learning) to
reject this, or better type/select name manually? I'd prefere first way,
to keep my work low, but maybe second way is much faster (no rescanning,
with maybe same results?)

Same question applies to some faces accidentially confirmed with a wrong
name. Delete from Person assignmen screen, or remove Tag manually?

Cheers, Gerhard

Re: face recoginition, handling for unconfirmed or not recoginzed

Thomas D

Den man. 10. maj 2021 kl. 17.40 skrev KRODER Gerhard <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

DK  offers potentially recogized faces, to confirm a name suggested.
Sometimes this is wrong. Is it better (in terms of improove learning) to
reject this, or better type/select name manually? I'd prefere first way,
to keep my work low, but maybe second way is much faster (no rescanning,
with maybe same results?)

AFAICT, rejecting a matched face will just cause DK to match the same face to the same person next time. It will not update the detection model in any way.
Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Same question applies to some faces accidentially confirmed with a wrong
name. Delete from Person assignmen screen, or remove Tag manually?

I am eager to someone else weigh in on this as well. I think it is rather confusing that there is no obvious way to revert an accidentally confirmed incorrect match.