[digiKam-users] Is face recognition operable?

[digiKam-users] Is face recognition operable?

digikam-2
DK 7.2.0 appimage

I have run the Tools | Maintenance | Detect & recognize Faces. It took
27 hours.

Now, I'm in the People tab | Detect faces | Search in: only 1 album:
Family | Settings: yolov3 on, sensitivity 80 (default) | Scan collection
for faces.

Problem 1

It found 7411 Unknown, including many (100s) that do not belong to the
album Family.

Problem 2

I have about 4000 to ignore. and I have to click on every individual
one (that's 4000 clicks), and that's just one album (do I hear: wrist
repetitive strain injury)

I can't find a way of selecting a "whole bunch" and assign it to ignore.
I can't find a way of assign a shortcut to ignore.

What am I missing?

--
sknahT

vyS

Re: Is face recognition operable?

Maik Qualmann
Problem 1:
Even if it is reported from time to time, digiKam only searches in the
activated albums or tags. Look at the tab headers to see how many albums or
tags you have selected, albums and tags are an AND relationship.

Problem 2:
You can select many/all unknown faces and then press "-" on the active overlay
in a face. The ignore will be applied to all selected ones.

Maik

Am Mittwoch, 7. April 2021, 18:57:07 CEST schrieb [hidden email]:

> DK 7.2.0 appimage
>
> I have run the Tools | Maintenance | Detect & recognize Faces. It took
> 27 hours.
>
> Now, I'm in the People tab | Detect faces | Search in: only 1 album:
> Family | Settings: yolov3 on, sensitivity 80 (default) | Scan collection
> for faces.
>
> Problem 1
>
> It found 7411 Unknown, including many (100s) that do not belong to the
> album Family.
>
> Problem 2
>
> I have about 4000 to ignore. and I have to click on every individual
> one (that's 4000 clicks), and that's just one album (do I hear: wrist
> repetitive strain injury)
>
> I can't find a way of selecting a "whole bunch" and assign it to ignore.
> I can't find a way of assign a shortcut to ignore.
>
> What am I missing?

Re: Is face recognition operable?

digikam-2
On Wed, 07 Apr 2021 19:08:58 +0200
Maik Qualmann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Problem 2:
> You can select many/all unknown faces and then press "-" on the
> active overlay in a face. The ignore will be applied to all
> selected ones.

In the face recognition, I can't select with the left or right arrow,
but I can select with up and down arrow or the mouse with either
the shift or the ctrl.

--
sknahT

vyS