[digiKam-users] Covid cleanup

digikam-2
DK 7.2.0 appimage on Manjaro.

I've been using DK since 5.x for the DAM, but before that I used
Lightroom 1.4 until 5, then Darktable 2.x.

I only use raw (50,000) with XMPs. I was looking at some of these
XMPs. There's a lot of garbage, which are tags NOT in DK but from
these other applications.

Before a major screw up (I already have 2 backups) I wanted to ask:

* Can I delete all the XMPs? (I will loose the edits from LR and DT,
  but that's OK) then in DK rewrite all the XMPs.
* Or is there a better of dealing with it?

Thank you

--
sknahT

vyS

Re: Covid cleanup

Gilles Caulier-4

Le ven. 7 mai 2021 à 18:17, <[hidden email]> a écrit :
DK 7.2.0 appimage on Manjaro.

I've been using DK since 5.x for the DAM, but before that I used
Lightroom 1.4 until 5, then Darktable 2.x.

I only use raw (50,000) with XMPs. I was looking at some of these
XMPs. There's a lot of garbage, which are tags NOT in DK but from
these other applications.

Before a major screw up (I already have 2 backups) I wanted to ask:

* Can I delete all the XMPs? (I will loose the edits from LR and DT,
  but that's OK) then in DK rewrite all the XMPs.

Typically yes. Run the maintenance tool to flush digiKam database data to the local file system.

Best

Gilles Caulier