[digiKam-users] Acquire Images Tool?

Robert Becker

Main question up front: Can anyone advise how to access the Acquire Images Tool in digiKam 6.4.0 running on Win10?

After easy installation of digiKam, I’m a newbie user scrolling through the Handbook, FAQs and other on-line support.  The Handbook gives solid info about how to use the scanning tool, but no info about how to launch it.  I’ve browsed through all the menus and configuration utilities that I see offered within the program, but have no luck finding a relevant widget.  Crickets too in searching online for a written or video tutorial about image acquisition via digiKam.

If the tool is currently provided/supported, I hope to use it with my Epson Perfection V600 scanner – though the SANE page referenced by the Handbook shows only “backend” support for that scanner.

Thanks!

Robert

Re: Acquire Images Tool?

Gilles Caulier-4
Hi Robert,

Under Windows, the Acquire Image plugin does not use Sane backend as
this one is not ported to Windows API.
The Twain interface is used instead, but code from the backend does
not compile under Windows. So i disabled this plugin for the moment.

Best

Gilles Caulier

Le ven. 24 juil. 2020 à 01:36, Robert Becker
<[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Main question up front: Can anyone advise how to access the Acquire Images Tool in digiKam 6.4.0 running on Win10?
>

> After easy installation of digiKam, I’m a newbie user scrolling through the Handbook, FAQs and other on-line support.  The Handbook gives solid info about how to use the scanning tool, but no info about how to launch it.  I’ve browsed through all the menus and configuration utilities that I see offered within the program, but have no luck finding a relevant widget.  Crickets too in searching online for a written or video tutorial about image acquisition via digiKam.
>

> If the tool is currently provided/supported, I hope to use it with my Epson Perfection V600 scanner – though the SANE page referenced by the Handbook shows only “backend” support for that scanner.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Robert

Re: Acquire Images Tool?

utidigik
Hello Gilles,
Because I'm encoutering the same problem as Robert, I'd like to knoiw if the
solution is coming soon ?

Thanks

Re: Acquire Images Tool?

Gilles Caulier-4
Hi,

Not from my side. digiKam use libksane from KF5 framework (KDE), and
code to compile and use under Windows take age. Somebody maintaining
libksane must review and fix this code.

Please report this problem to libksane team using gitlab issues here :

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/libksane

Best

Gilles Caulier