Using date/year of photo during face recognition

Using date/year of photo during face recognition

mpradny
Hi,

 I'm slowly migrating my family photo collection to digikam and I really like the face detection, especially the new improvements in version 7. My current problem with face recognition is that my kids look very when comparing images from same age (they are 4 years apart). Does anyone know if the recognition does work also with the image date? If neural networks are used, it should be possible to use it as one of the inputs.

I guess it would help with the processing of family collections tremendously, but you can be never sure in case of AI .. .

Thanks,

Martin