Tagging newly added files for further captioning

Tagging newly added files for further captioning

ervandarnell
I am just learning digiKam (on Ubuntu).  I am migrating from iMatch 3 on Windows.

When I add new files to digiKam, simply by copying them into a monitored directory, digiKam adds them automatically, no problem.  But I don't know what it added!  I need an opportunity to caption and add keywords to files newly added.  There does not seem any way to know what has been added.

Yes, I can turn off the auto scan feature in settings, but that doesn't really solve the problem either.

The "timeline" tab only works for the photo creation date (??), which is not sufficient to find photos newly added to the database.

I have tried searching the Q&A here, but no luck on this particular issue.