Scan for Faces/Face Recognition not working on TIFF files

Scan for Faces/Face Recognition not working on TIFF files

two12nin3ty9
Hi, for sometime I've been scanning physical photos to my computer with an Epson FastFoto FF-680W and saving them as TIFF files. I am able to view and manipulate these photos in digiKam without a problem, but for some reason Facial Recognition doesn't seem to work with TIFF photos. I've tried this in digiKam 7.1 and now 7.2 to no avail. I recently used 'Scan for Faces' on a folder of ~450 TIFF photos, about half of them known to contain one or more faces, and only 9 new thumbnails showed up in People > Unknown, none of which were actually centered on any one individual face. Has anyone has a similar experience or know of a fix or workaround for this problem? It's very tedious to tag one face at a time without facial recognition.

I appreciate so much the efforts of the developers and this community. Thank you for this wonderful tool!