Received message "it was not possible to add collection for the following paths" after HDD to SSD upgrade

Received message "it was not possible to add collection for the following paths" after HDD to SSD upgrade

Howard
I've run into a problem migrating from a 1TB hard disk drive to a 2TB SSD.
This is on a two-drive Windows 10 installation. The C drive is a Samsung 850
SSD and holds the digikam database files; the D drive holds all my
photographs, raw files, TIFF files, JPG files, etc.

I am running the digikam 7.0 beta 2 release, but have run into the same
issue running the 6.4 production release. After cloning the HDD and
rebooting Windows using the Samsung 860 SSD as my D drive, digikam was
unable to access my photos, issuing the "it was not possible to add
collection for the following paths: D:\Users\Howard\Pictures" message
shortly after startup. All of my other software packages (Lightroom 6.14,
DXO PhotoLab 3.1.1, ACDSee Photo Studio, etc.) can access (read & write) my
photos.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling 7.0 beta 2 and had the same result. I then
uninstalled the 7.0 beta 2 release and installed digikam 6.4 and
received the same error message.

I've moved the SQLite databases to the D drive, restarted digikam, but
continue to receive the same error message when I manually try to add
D:\Users\Howard\Pictures to my Local Collections. Digikam is able to see the
database files on the D drive, but times out about one minute after trying
to add my pictures directory to its collection.

I tried to switch to MariaDB, but was unable to get the internal MariaDB
database to work, something about "Internal server not used and is not
active!".

Any idea what I should try next?

Thanks,Howard