Re:Chinese translation for digiKam's official website

Re:Chinese translation for digiKam's official website

Tyson Tan
Hi Gilles,
Sorry I had to open a new conversation, I thought I've subscribed to the
mailing list, but Google Captcha was blocked in my country, so the
attempt failed since I was using direct connection.

I'm not a programmer so I'm not familiar with stuff outside of PO/MO
files. According to your last message, do I just create a new zh.yaml
with everything translated in
https://invent.kde.org/websites/digikam-org/-/tree/master/i18n , then
make a merge request, or something else has to be done?

Best,
Tyson Tan

Re: Chinese translation for digiKam's official website

Gilles Caulier-4
I think it's not enough. Probably something must be initialized in
Hugo framework to support i18n properly with digiKam.org.

The team who installed the new web site based on Hugo few years ago is
registered on this mailing list. We will see.

Best

Gilles Caulier

Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 06:49, Tyson Tan <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi Gilles,
> Sorry I had to open a new conversation, I thought I've subscribed to the
> mailing list, but Google Captcha was blocked in my country, so the
> attempt failed since I was using direct connection.
>
> I'm not a programmer so I'm not familiar with stuff outside of PO/MO
> files. According to your last message, do I just create a new zh.yaml
> with everything translated in
> https://invent.kde.org/websites/digikam-org/-/tree/master/i18n , then
> make a merge request, or something else has to be done?
>
> Best,
> Tyson Tan

Re: Chinese translation for digiKam's official website

Tyson Tan
Thanks for the info! I will wait for your good news then. Meanwhile, I
will work on disambiguating a few strings I've spotted during digiKam's
S-Chinese translation, so they can be translated better in CJK
languages.

On 2021-02-11 20:01, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> I think it's not enough. Probably something must be initialized in
> Hugo framework to support i18n properly with digiKam.org.
>
> The team who installed the new web site based on Hugo few years ago is
> registered on this mailing list. We will see.
>
> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier
>
> Le jeu. 11 févr. 2021 à 06:49, Tyson Tan <[hidden email]> a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hi Gilles,
>> Sorry I had to open a new conversation, I thought I've subscribed to
>> the
>> mailing list, but Google Captcha was blocked in my country, so the
>> attempt failed since I was using direct connection.
>>
>> I'm not a programmer so I'm not familiar with stuff outside of PO/MO
>> files. According to your last message, do I just create a new zh.yaml
>> with everything translated in
>> https://invent.kde.org/websites/digikam-org/-/tree/master/i18n , then
>> make a merge request, or something else has to be done?
>>
>> Best,
>> Tyson Tan

Re: Chinese translation for digiKam's official website

Tyson Tan
Here is the merge request of my disambiguation/string fix work:
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/merge_requests/44
Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes!