Problems to write geo-data to Nikon NEF

dg3feh
 Hello!

I am new to digikam and face several problems. One big issue is to change/add geo data to Nikon NEF images. I got an error message, which does not help at all:

Failed to save some information: <PATH_TO_FILE>: Unable to save changes to the file.

The file is writable and the permissions/ownership are ok. I am able to rewrite geo-data for e.g. jpg files in the same directory.

An example pic u can find here: https://hh.lange-online.net/nc/index.php/s/wpc2q2AbF6frkzD

I use digikam 6.4.0 (appimage) on a ubuntu 18.04.

Any hints are welcome!

BR Holger

Re: Problems to write geo-data to Nikon NEF

woenx
I think that is a RAW image format, so I don't think you can modify it directly. You can either save the changes to a sidecar file, or export the picture to JPG or another more standard format. I could be wrong though.

I just tried with your picture, and I could add tags and geolocation coordinates using a sidecar file just fine.