Preview -> storage location not available

Preview -> storage location not available

papertape
Windows 7 64-bit
Digikam 7.1

While doing some disk-file maintenance, I gummed up something in the Digikam Sqlite3 database files.

When I click on Preview on a thumbnail, Digikam displays "The storage location of this image is currently not available."
The FilePaths table in thumbnails-digikam.db contains correct paths to the image files.
GIMP and Microsoft Office Picture Manager can read the image files.

Is there a way I can see what "storage location" Digikam is looking for?