Metadata in right sidebar

FredR
Hi

I've just started using Digikam, with which I hope to manage my large photo collection. I'm at the stage where I need to add IPTC and/or XMP metadata to the photos, so that important information (description, keywords, copyright etc) can be distributed with them when I upload them to albums. The metadata editor is very good. However, the right sidebar, when I click on the metadata tab, looks nothing like the screenshots in the Digikam KDE docs. My sidebar looks like the attached screenshot. Could someone please tell me why my sidebar is so bare?

I'm using Digikam 7.2.0-rc on Windows 10.

I also have a small query about metadata fields - should I append that to this thread, or start a new one?

Thanks :)