How do I move digikam data to different Windows PC

How do I move digikam data to different Windows PC

SteveF48
I'm using digikam with a Mariadb (Mysql Internal) database.
I copied the digikam folder to my laptop. The folder contained the following file:-
C:\Digikam\digikam4.db                   572mb
C:\Digikam\recognition.db                 32kb
C:\Digikam\similarity.db                    24kb
C:\Digikam\thumbnails-digikam.db   8.74gb

digikam seemed to pick up the correct files, once I'd configured it with the Mariaqdb binaries, but then it asked me where my pictures are. This appears to me to mean that digikam has not used the database, but is starting from scratch. Supporting evidence being that the number of images in the album slowly increased over time.

What did I do wrong? Why isn't digkam simply accessing the copied data, then scanning for new items?
Thanks in advance
Steve

Stay safe - it's not over yet

Re: How do I move digikam data to different Windows PC

Rafael Linux
Unfortunately, no one will answer you. I have had same issue and unfortunately I needed to solve issue by myself, badly, but I can support you now.

If you watch in your database path, you maybe see some ".db" files. Look at their date. If you are using "MySQL internal", those files must be older than last time you used Digikam.

When you use "MySQL internal", a folder starting with name ".mysql" must be in same path than your ".db" files. That's what you need to copy to new PC, not the ".db" files. Moreover, you will need to locate the Digikam configuration file (digikam.rc) and copy to equivalent folder in your new PC.