Editing geolocation and time data in database only

Editing geolocation and time data in database only

SanderV
Hi,

First of all I want to thank everyone that puts time into this great tool.

I have a question about metadata editing. I have a large collection of photos and videos on relatively slow storage (NAS), to which I am retroactively adding/correcting geolocation and time metadata.
What slows me down a lot in this process is that the geolocation and time batch editors seem to insist on saving the made changes into the media files when I click "Apply". That means I have to wait 2-5 minutes for every album I edit in this way before I can continue to the next one.

For an efficient workflow it would be much faster if I could apply the changes I make into Digikam database only, and synchronize the metadata to the files only when I'm done doing this for my entire collection.

It wasn't clear to me from the documentation whether this is somehow possible. Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Sander