EXIF Date Adjust/Assign

tokyojerry
Hi.
I have photos from the past film-era which I have scanned and want to change EXIF creation date to accommodate the dates these photos were taken.  How to do that in the latest Digikam 7.0.0-rc release?
Thanks.
Jerry S. Tokyo, Japan

Re: EXIF Date Adjust/Assign

woenx
Ok, if you want to change the date picture by picture, the easiest way is to open the metadata editor tool, go the Exif tab, select Time and Date, and set the Original Time and Date (the Creation time and date might get overwritten by other software).

If you have a bunch of pictures and you want to set the same date to all of them, use the "Adjust time and date" tool. Just type the date in the fourth field, and check the "Exif: original" box.

Moreover, you can also fill in the Exif digitized field if you want to record the date you scanned those pictures.

Re: EXIF Date Adjust/Assign

tokyojerry
Thank you very much for your feedback.  It is much appreciated.  I am new to DigiKam so I am still learning all it's complexities. I presume the same can be done for video clips (.mp4, .mov) as well.  Change a date.
Jerry S. Tokyo, Japan