Download photos from Nikon D7500 with digiiKam

Download photos from Nikon D7500 with digiiKam

pschroeter
I just bought a Nikon D7500. How do I use a USB cable to download the photos from the Nikon onto the computer with digiKam? The computer beeps when I plug the camera into it, but it’s like the Nikon connection is recognized, but the camera doesn’t mount or show up anywhere.

For a long time I have been transferring photos using digiKam from my Sony a6000 onto the computer with a USB cable. It would show up in the Import list as an external drive. I could even delete photos off the camera with digiKam.

I would like to avoid having to pull the card out and using the card reader every time.