Digikam hangs on startup - MacOS

Sven
Hi, I have installed Digikam 6.4.0 on my iMac late 2013, High Sierra. After a force quit, Digikam does not start any more but gets stuck with the error message: "Checking ICC repository", this message stays forever, unless I click on another window. Then it disappears, CPU is used 100% (4 out of 8 processors), so rest of the computer is still usable. Only way out is to force quit again. I tried re-install and re-boot, but always get stuck.

It seems this is the same bug as in the similar thread, however the solution there does not work for my Mac.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks!
Best, Sven