Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

dp8700
Hi everybody !

I already installed Digikam on a desktop computer without any problem and it's working fine.
I've just installed it on a laptop running windows 10, but it can't open correctly.

After opening the program, I have this windows :

It says : «Error while opening the database. Digikam will try to connect automatically to the database».

The launching process get stuck at this step without going any further.

I must add that I previously installed Digikam on this computer and uninstalled months before.

I tried to open an existing database directly by right click and «open with», then select Digikam as program, but it doesn't work either.

Is there a way to have it go through the launching process ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

dp8700
When I close the previous screen, Digikam runs but stay frozen at the ICC verification stage.

Thanks.

Re: Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

C. Vital
Did you solve your problem? I keep getting the same error. I tried uninstalling and installing again. It is not working.

I worked with  DK a few months ago with no problems. It could be some of the updates, but I tried installing dk 6.3 but is not working either.

I do have it up and running on a second computer with no problems.

Re: Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

dp8700
Hi !

No, I didn't solve this problem and no answer.  So, I gave it up and chose to use Imatch instead.
People here are mainly using linux based computers and are not interested in solving Windows users problems.

Regards.

Re: Digikam 6.4.0 on windows 10 : problem after install

Peter Transjoe
Hi!

1. Unistall software
2. Remove the following files/folders ...

    • digikamrc
    • showfotorc [if present]
    • digiKam [folder]
    • kxmlgui5 [folder, if present]

... from %localappdata% [C:\Users\Your useraccount\AppData\Local

3. Restart your Computer
4. Reinstall Software

I have had less problems with the 32-bit software.

Regards
//Peter