Database error

Emre
Hi,
My current DigiKam version is 5.6.0. I am trying to use a database that was created with a previous version of digikam and I get the error "The database has been used with a more recent version of digikam and has been updated to a database schema which cannot be used with this version". I am pretty sure that the version used to create the database was an older version though I do not remember the exact number. The messages on the terminal are:

digikam.dbengine: Loading SQL code from config file "/usr/share/digikam/database/dbconfig.xml"
digikam.dbengine: Checking XML version ID => expected:  3  found:  3
digikam.coredb: Core database: running schema update
digikam.coredb: Core database: have a structure version  9
digikam.coredb: Core database: cannot process schema initialization

Is there a way to recover the database?
Regards,
Emre