DK is no longer working

mippo
Hello,
I've been using DK for some years (great tool), recently would tried to switch from sqlite to mysql and I made the damage.
Now when starting DK, I get this message:

È avvenuto un errore durante l'avvio del server interno.
Dettagli: Impossibile avviare l'inizializzatore della banca dati.
Eseguibile: /usr/bin/mysql_install_db
Argomenti: --datadir=/home/mario/Immagini/.mysql.digikam/db_data, --defaults-file=/usr/share/digikam/database/mysql-global.conf
Errore di elaborazione: execve: No such file or directory

None of the above options work.

Tried to remove DK, sqlite, sqlite3, mysql, server, community, workbench,  even mariadb ...
then tried to reinstall, but get exactly the same error.

system:
Operating System: KDE neon 5.17
KDE Plasma Version: 5.17.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.63.0
Qt Version: 5.13.1
Kernel Version: 4.15.0-66-generic
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 7,5 GiB

What to do? any hint ?
many thanks
mippo

Re: DK is no longer working

mippo
Administrator
it's happened again.
After reinstalled everything and working for a couple of weeks, the database has broken again.

does anyone have idea how to recover from this error ?

may be the database files are too big to manage, 3-4 GB ?
why not to split them into smaller ones ?

many thanks
mippo