Copy pictures and tags on external drive

Copy pictures and tags on external drive

Alain_h
Hello,

My pictures are stored on a local drive. With the number of pictures growing, I want to store my pictures on an external drive. How can I copy my pictures on the external drive, together with the tags that I have assigned to my pictures ?

Thanks for you help and take care of you!

Alain

Re: Copy pictures and tags on external drive

woenx
If the tags have been written to the pictures themselves, or to sidecar files, you can just move the pictures there and re-scan that new folder to your library, although that will take a while. If you want to make sure that the metadata is indeed saved, you can check using an external tool (like this website: http://exif.regex.info/exif.cgi). If you want to manually force that metadata into the files, just to be sure, select all the relevant files and in the main menu go to Item/Write metadata to file.

I'm not sure if there's a way in digikam to "migrate" the location of the library...