Bulk Delete Face Tags

everett
I know that face tags can be removed from a photo on an individual basis. Is it possible to "bulk" remove face tags?

I'm dealing with an issue where old Picasa face tags and newer Digikam face tags exist on tens of thousands of photos.

Double Face Tags

Re: Bulk Delete Face Tags

nullhandle
I've observed the same issue, with face tag bounding boxes originating in Picasa, face tag bounding boxes created manually in digiKam, as well as face tag bounding boxes created using the face detection feature in earlier versions of digiKam.

In 7.2.0, I ran "Detect faces" and "Recognize faces" each separately across my entire photo collection, each time with the YOLO v3 detection model enabled.

In some cases, this detected faces with no existing bounding boxes defined for folks who I wanted to face tag, which is great and precisely the use case I was interested in.

In the vast majority of cases, though, the process suggested overlapping or nested face tag bounding boxes for ones that already existed (i.e., like the example from the original poster). This is sub-optimal, since I've ended up with a bunch of redundant suggested or applied face tag bounding boxes, overlaid on the existing ones.