7.1.0 - Crashing during Face Detection. 1 Million + Images

7.1.0 - Crashing during Face Detection. 1 Million + Images

Sponge84
Hi,

Trying to scan just over 1,000,000 files for faces using DigiKam Face detection. Takes ages (expected given the file count) but crashed at 15% and keeps crashing (with no error code - software just closes) when I try to rescan. I'm using DigiKam 7.1.0, although I thought I'd originally downloaded 7.2.0 Beta 2..

Details below:

SEARCH SETTINGS
Detect Faces
Skip Images Already Scanned
Search in Whole Albums
Work on All Processor Cores
Face Accuracy 90%

SPECS
Windows 10
Intel i9-9900K
RTX 2080 Ti
32GB 2666MHz DDR4

Also - Is there any known way to speed this method up? I.e. would creating fingerprints before detecting faces be of any benefit?

Please help!

Thanks

Mike